Medication Therapy Management (MTM)
The pharmacists at Pasadena City Pharmacy provide Medication Therapy Management. MTM is medical care provided by pharmacists to optimize drug therapy and improve therapeutic outcomes for patients. MTM includes a patient assessment and comprehensive medication review, formulating a treatment plan, monitoring the safety of a patient’s current medication therapy, and patient education.
Medication therapy management includes five core components:
- Medication therapy review. This is the process of collecting patient and medication-related information during the pharmacist-patient consultation. The medication therapy review assists in the identification of potential medication-related problems.
- Development of a personal medication record. This includes all prescription and nonprescription products.
- Medication-related action plan. After assessing and identifying medication-related problems, the pharmacist develops a patient-specific action plan. This is a list of actions necessary to achieve the patient’s specific health goals. The medication-related action plan is used to track progress toward health goals.
- Intervention and/or referral. During the MTM session, the pharmacist identifies medication-related problems and determines appropriate interventions for resolution. Often, the pharmacist collaborates with the patient’s physician and other health care professionals to resolve issues.
- Follow-Up The pharmacist will follow-up with patients to ensure the action plan is being implemented.
Please contact Pasadena City Pharmacy to inquire about this service.